Here is what I have noticed so far...
- I'm SO glad that I can do this in my living room, it is a judgement FREE zone!
- I can spend quality time with my 11 year old son and other kids if they choose to join us (though we have a fairly small living room in our condo, so we do what we can)
- I thought going into this that I would have to almost everything in modified form (which is OKAY to do because you've got to start somewhere and as you become stronger you go to advanced right?! We all have room for improvement) However, I surprised myself, there are many things I can do that aren't all modified. And child's pose feels so amazing. Celebrating the small things.
- I have noticed a difference in how my clothes are fitting, YES I have - even though I only started this workout last week!
- I have noticed a difference in how I feel, overall!
- My sleep is in a crazy mode. And I will touch on that more in another post, but essentially our body just recognizes stress (it doesn't recognize good or bad stress, it's all just stress) So while I have good stress going on in my body, my sleep right now is all over the place because of something I have dealt with since I was little. I'm sure that once my body is more balanced and used to these movements, that should calm down some.
- My appetite is ginormous. But not much sounds good right now except a protein/superfood smoothie and salads. This isn't a bad thing!
Okay, so all of these things I will touch on individually in coming posts.